The candidate will have to propose a project in line with the different themes of LETHICA (triage, moral revolutions, transparency and secrecy, Case Making and Caring) and in line with its research perspectives (axes: historical approaches, intercultural perspectives, ethics of creation, ethics and therapy).
The applications received will be submitted to the LETHICA Steering Committee for research and training.
On-site installation (Strasbourg) for the duration of the contract is required.
Evaluation criteria :
The LETHICA ITI Steering Committee will evaluate the proposed projects according to the following criteria:
- the interdisciplinary nature of the postdoctoral research project
- The structuring nature of the project, which must clearly fall within one of the four chosen themes and enable the implementation of at least one of the four axes. Crosscutting projects, mobilizing several themes and/or axes, will be valued.
- The innovative aspect: the aim will be to propose methodological and conceptual advances, by encouraging the transversality of approaches. A willingness to include research in the field of open science and/or digital development will be appreciated, but is not a necessary condition. The project should nevertheless clearly specify its contribution to the LETHICTIONNAIRE (online notional dictionary which is part of the LETHICA projects, and aims to reflect the research undertaken).
The LETHICA ITI Steering Committee will also be sensitive to the excellence of the applicant's academic background and research experience in the field of the links between ethics, literature and the arts.
Application file :
The application file should include the following documents
- Detailed resume
- Letter of motivation, specifying how the candidate intends to fit into LETHICA (2 pages max.)
- Copy of the thesis report
- Choice of 3 publications (max.)
- Presentation of the project including a schedule of work and actions envisaged, and specifying the expected results (5 pages maximum, including bibliography)
Are eligible for recruitment : only candidates who obtained their PhD on or after 1 January 2017
- either at an institution outside the University of Strasbourg or the University of Upper Alsace
- or at the University of Strasbourg or the University of Upper Alsace if the doctorate was followed by at least two years of international post-doctoral experience
The application must be sent by 6 May 2022 at the latest to Isabelle Mahoudeau (imahoudeau[at]unistra.fr), project manager, with a copy to ITI Coordinator Anthony Mangeon (amangeon[at]unistra.frr) and Bertrand Marquer (bmarquer[at]unistra.fr), Recruitment and Development Manager.
Application deadline : 06/05/2022
Successful candidates will be invited to an audition on 7 June 2022
According to the salary scale for post-doctoral research in France, taking into account the seniority/prior experience of the candidate
For more information